Occupational health services in southern New Hampshire
The Occupational Health Services team at Parkland Medical Center can collaborate with you to assess and support your employees’ health. We can identify, address and eliminate health risks in the workplace, and we can help you establish and maintain wellness and health promotion activities that encourage a positive, productive and healthy environment.
For information on how your organization can benefit from our Occupational Health Services, call (603) 421-3680.
- Comprehensive, customized wellness programs
- On-site employee health screenings, health fairs, flu shot clinics and educational programs
- Online personal health assessments with privacy-protected results
- Personalized educational information
- Company health profiles showing specific health risks in your workforce
- Nurse case management
Benefits of occupational health programs
Employers offering business health and wellness services benefit from:
- Fewer lost workdays
- Fewer on-the-job injuries
- Higher productivity
- Greater enthusiasm
- Increased engagement
- Lower costs for group health insurance and workers’ compensation coverage
Employee wellness programs
Keeping your employees healthy is helpful to your employees and your business. Rely on our preventive occupational services to identify risk factors for serious health problems, educate your personnel on specific wellness topics and make your workplace a safer, healthier place.
With our occupational team, you can set up the following programs and screenings to ensure the health of your workforce:
- Annual physical examinations
- Drug and alcohol screenings
- Electrocardiograms (EKGs) to detect heart problems, electrolyte imbalances and other conditions
- Executive physical programs
- Fitness-for-duty or return-to-work examinations
- Hearing and vision screenings, including visual fields and color blindness
- Immunizations, including vaccinations for the flu, hepatitis A and B, varicella, tetanus and measles, mumps and rubella (MMR)
- Laboratory services
- Medical review officer (MRO) services
- Pre-employment physicals
- Pulmonary function testing (spirometry) for asthma care and respiratory approval
- Regulatory and compliance examinations, such as those required by the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA)
- Respirator evaluations and clearances
- N95 mask fit testing
- Surveillance physicals
Pre-employment physicals and health screenings
Ensuring the health and fitness of potential new hires and candidates for an internal promotion can help your business meet its goals. Whether you want to create a health screening program from scratch or need a more thorough solution for pre-employment care, we’ll work with you to develop the right solution for your business.
Customizable wellness clinics
Our healthcare professionals can help you establish baseline measures for wellness and implement steps to reach your goals. These assessments and clinics can be tailored to your exact needs—we offer a wide range of screenings, health fairs, vaccinations, speaker presentations and education programs. Each can be focused on specific health topics, ranging from risk factors for heart disease to carpal tunnel prevention and tips for getting better sleep.
If you’re not sure where to start when it comes to developing wellness programs, don’t worry. With the trend data, you'll acquire through our health screenings and wellness assessments, your organization can take control of healthcare costs, improve employee wellness and become more competitive.
Workplace safety analysis
Prevent injuries while improving productivity and saving money. Our experienced occupational health specialists will examine your work processes, procedures and facilities to identify workplace conditions that pose a risk to employee health. We can then suggest changes to improve workplace safety and worker performance.
Employee health assessments
A personal health assessment provides important insights into an employee's medical history, nutrition and diet, tobacco and alcohol use, exercise habits and other factors affecting their health. These assessments offer numerous benefits, including opportunities to:
- Monitor health patterns, changes and improvements over time
- Provide concrete information to help employees prepare for positive lifestyle changes
- Get individuals involved with health coaching
- Build results-oriented employer health promotion and wellness programs
- Engage employers and employees in the overall health management process
Treatment for occupational injuries
Treatment for occupational injuries is available 24/7 through our primary hospitals in Portsmouth and Derry, New Hampshire, and seven days a week from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. at Parkland Urgent Care in Salem, New Hampshire. Our certified occupational health staff responds to occupational injuries quickly, ensuring a faster and fuller recovery.
Return-to-work strategies and case management
The first 72 hours after a work injury are critical to effective treatment and maximum recovery. To guarantee we can respond quickly to your needs, our team is available 24/7. In addition to medical treatment, we will:
- Collaborate with your company's compensation officer on comprehensive case management and patient follow-up
- Evaluate each situation and assess your employees’ readiness to return to work
- Design personalized recovery programs for regaining strength, mobility, flexibility and other aptitudes
Workers’ compensation injury care
To ensure a quick return to mobility and function for home and work-related tasks, we offer the following services:
- Independent medical evaluations
- Full collaboration with your workers’ compensation officer
- Comprehensive case management and patient follow-up
- Flexible recovery programs
- Protection of confidential information
- Compliance with all workplace health and safety regulations
- Rehabilitation services
We maintain all tests, assessments, results and participant files in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA).
Occupational therapy and physical therapy
Support your employees’ speedy recovery and encourage a safe return to work with our physical therapy services. Our physical therapists can facilitate a quick, complete recovery through specific exercises, manual manipulation, fitness regimens, wellness activities and behavior modification programs.