Knee replacement surgery in Derry, New Hampshire
Joint replacement surgery at a full-service hospital gives you access to innovative, comprehensive services. Parkland Medical Center's team is committed to your total wellness, which is why we offer education and care before, during and after knee replacement surgery.
For more information about our knee replacement services, call our Consult-A-Nurse® team at (877) 642-2362.
Knee replacement surgery, also called knee arthroplasty, relieves pain and restores joint function. Your orthopedic surgeon will resurface or cap the ends of the bones damaged by arthritis or injury with a prosthetic (or artificial) implant.
Like other procedures at Parkland, we use minimally invasive techniques, including robotics-assisted technology, when possible. We also provide advanced knee resurfacing with Conformis implant technology, which is a procedure that customizes the knee implant to your specific needs. This helps ensure the best, most comfortable replacement possible, and it also means shorter recovery times.
Types of knee replacement surgery we offer
Our orthopedic surgeons are experienced at performing:
- Total knee replacement: This surgery involves all three bones (thigh, shin and kneecap) that form the knee joint. Implants vary depending on your weight, size and activity level.
- Partial knee replacement: When damage is limited to a portion of the knee (inside, outside or front), we can spare healthy tissue and bone through partial knee replacement, also called knee resurfacing.
Candidates for knee replacement surgery
You could be a candidate for knee replacement surgery through our orthopedic care program if you:
- Experience knee pain with activity
- Feel pain even while resting
- Wake up during the night due to knee pain
- Have difficulty sitting, climbing stairs or bending down
- Have tried other treatments, such as diet, exercise and medications, without success
Knee replacement locations
Retrieving location data...