Cancer support center in southern New Hampshire
Parkland Medical Center's cancer support services focus on life before, during and after a cancer diagnosis. We partner with the American Cancer Society (ACS) for educational resources, in-person counseling and events.
To sign up for a cancer support group, class or event, call (603) 890-2760.
Through our oncology program, we connect patients with:
- Personalized social work services to help arrange transportation, home care, finances, advance directives and more
- Nurse Navigation
- Aroma Therapy
- Massage Therapy
- Pet Therapy
- Coordination and referrals to community palliative and hospice care
- Aesthetic and skincare workshops
- Access to a wig bank with hats and scarves
- Spiritual guidance and support
- Bereavement support groups for spouses
- Volunteers who provide handcrafted blankets, shawls, hats, scarves and other caring services
- Participation in community events such as Light the Night with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
- Nutrition and Cancer, work with a registered dietitian to address nutrition during and after cancer treatment
- Lifetime access to our integrative care services—massage therapy, Reiki and more—during infusion therapy procedures and after treatment
Cardiac rehabilitation services
Parkland provides physical therapy and rehabilitation to help you through your cancer treatment. Our therapies are designed to help you manage the side effects of treatments, such as fluid retention (lymphedema).
Cancer survivorship support groups
Life goes on after a cancer diagnosis and treatment, and we’re here to support you every step of the way. In addition to the individualized assistance you’ll receive through treatment at Parkland, we’ll help you get back to your life by enabling you to adapt to changes in your energy level and stamina.
We also provide survivorship care planning, and you can join us in celebrating your life anew at our annual Cancer Survivor Dinner.