Volunteers make the difference
Be someone special. Everyone in the healthcare industry is aware of the impact that volunteers can make on hospital operations today. With all these changes taking place at such a rapid pace, there is a need to expand the volunteer program at Parkland Medical Center. We are looking for people who would enjoy sharing their time in our volunteer program.
Volunteer opportunities exist in many areas including:
- Information desk
- Departmental Support (Emergency, Oncology and more)
- Waiting areas
- Assist in deliveries of supplies
- Volunteer Services office/clerical
- Pet Therapy (certification required)
Criteria to become a volunteer
- Must be able to volunteer at least four hours per week on a set schedule.
- Volunteer Orientation (must attend prior to volunteering).
- All potential candidates must be able to successfully pass a criminal background check.
- Health requirements including annual TB screening and flu shot, MMR and Varicella immunity.
- Complimentary meal for each four-hour shift worked.
- Annual flu shots.
- Invitations to Holiday Luncheon, Volunteer Week Celebration and more.
- Opportunity to meet new people and make new friends.
- Volunteering is rewarding.
Our volunteer department is a diverse mix of ages and backgrounds, which allows for positive growth and development. Our Junior Volunteers are ages 14 - 17. For more information about the volunteer program, please call Sharyn Ramos, Director of Volunteer Services, at (603) 421-2006.