Level III Trauma Center in Derry, New Hampshire
If you're critically injured in southern New Hampshire, the emergency team in Parkland Medical Center's trauma center is always standing by to provide prompt treatment. We provide immediate access to surgeons and physicians in a number of medical specialties, close to home in Derry, New Hampshire.
If you have non-emergency questions about our trauma services, please call our 24/7 Consult-A-Nurse® team at (877) 642-2362.
Expert trauma care
Our Level III Trauma Center features:
- A team of experts, including a physician director and nurses with advanced emergency certifications
- Prompt assessment, resuscitation, surgery, intensive care and stabilization for critically injured patients
- A helipad for quick transport from an accident to the trauma center or another medical center
- A comprehensive program to regularly review our care standards based on national standards published by the American College of Surgeons and the American College of Emergency Physicians
- Transfer agreements for patients requiring more comprehensive emergency care at a Level I or Level II Trauma Center
- A program to evaluate the quality and provide ongoing staff education
- A community outreach program to help prevent injuries in southern New Hampshire
Critical care before you arrive
We work closely with our emergency medical services (EMS) partners, who have knowledge and experience in trauma and emergency care, to begin critical care on your way to Parkland. This allows the EMS staff and our trauma team to communicate and prepare for your arrival.