Consistently serving Southern New Hampshire with compassion, personal service, expert clinicians and advanced medical technologies, Parkland Medical Center also garners high honors for attentive patient care, nursing excellence, patient safety, patient satisfaction and health outcomes. Our partnerships with Lahey Health and the New England Heart & Vascular Institute (NEHVI) allow us to offer top quality cancer, urology and cardiology services here in our community.
Parkland Medical Center Quality of Care
Our quality initiatives are recognized by a number of national organizations, accrediting agencies and top publications.
- The Joint Commission, the nation’s predominant standard-setting and accrediting body for healthcare, extends its full accreditation and identifies Parkland Medical Center as a:
- Recipient of the Gold Seal of Approval™ for Healthcare Quality and Safety
- The Society of Chest Pain Centers designates us as an Accredited Chest Pain Center to deliver quick intervention for heart attack.
- The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services have ranked us as a top performing hospital in the nation on core measures for:
- Heart attack – Acute myocardial infarction (AMI)
- Heart failure
- Surgical care/infection prevention
- PCI to deliver quick intervention for a heart attack
- Healthgrades 2017 Patient Safety Excellence Award.
- The Parkland Center for Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Medicine has received the prestigious Healogics Center of Excellence in Wound Healing Award four consecutive years.
- The American College of Surgeons (ACoS) accredits us with commendation and recognition by their Commission on Cancer (CoC) for consistently surpassing state and national averages in quality measures for breast, colon and rectal cancer standards of care.
- The College of American Pathologists (CAP) has accredited our hospital laboratory since 1988.
- American College of Radiology has accredited CT, MRI and nuclear medicine.
- Vascular Ultrasound accreditation by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories (ICAVL).
- NICHE (Nurses Improving Care for Healthsystem Elders) designated hospital. NICHE is the leading nurse-driven program designed to help hospitals improve the care of older adults.
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade “A” for our commitment to patient safety.
Performance Measured in Black & White
Today as never before, publicly available information helps healthcare consumers gauge the quality of care provided by hospitals and compare facilities based on consistent and objective criteria. Known as core measures, these criteria are established as standards of care by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Parkland Medical Center is dedicated to providing the highest quality of healthcare to our patients—and our pursuit of excellence shows. View and compare our latest quality of care scores as reported by the CMS:
Our Commitment to Patient Safety
Patient safety is a top priority at Parkland. We continually work to ensure the highest level of patient safety throughout our facilities—using best practices, improved technology and increasing involvement of patients in their own healthcare. Every member of our staff is dedicated to:
- Providing you with a safe, healthy and secure environment
- Performing his or her job carefully and competently
- Using safe and effective practices and technologies
- Responding to your wants and needs in a timely manner
- Ensuring timely communications between caregivers and patients by answering questions about your treatment and your health, giving you specific information about your care and explaining changes in your treatment
Learn more about our S.A.F.E.C.A.R.E. Pledge and other patient safety measures we maintain for your protection.
Infection prevention is a serious challenge facing healthcare organizations around the world. Parkland Medical Center and our parent company HCA are at the forefront of the ongoing effort to protect patients from infections during their hospital stay.
Learn more about our corporate infection prevention programs.
Call our Consult-A-Nurse® team 24/7 at (877) 642-2362 to find a specialist, schedule an appointment and learn more about services at Parkland Medical Center.