Robot-assisted surgery in Derry, New Hampshire
Parkland Medical Center's robotic technology helps surgeons operate with greater precision and control and gives them better access to hard-to-reach areas. This means our surgeons can perform even extremely complex operations through small incisions.
For more information about robotic surgery, call our Consult-A-Nurse® team at (877) 642-2362.
Parkland uses the da Vinci® surgery system—widely considered the most effective and least invasive surgical technology available. This system combines computer and robotic equipment to treat a broad range of conditions.
Robotic surgery with the da Vinci® system follows this process:
- The system uses tiny incisions—much smaller than those of traditional surgery—to insert miniature instruments and a high-definition 3D camera.
- Your surgeon views a magnified, high-resolution 3D image of the surgical site.
- The robotic equipment precisely translates your surgeon's hand movements to perform the operation.
Our surgeons can use robot-assisted technology for many procedures, including:
Advantages of robotic-assisted surgery
Since robotic technology uses small incisions and is highly accurate, it provides many benefits to patients, including:
- Less pain and discomfort
- Minimal scarring
- Less blood loss
- Faster recovery times
- Shorter hospital stays
- General surgery
- Cholecystectomy (gallbladder removal)
- Inguinal hernia
- Ventral hernia
- Endometriosis resection
- Oophorectomy (ovary removal)
- Prostatectomy (full or partial prostate removal)
- Pyeloplasty (kidney surgery)
- Nephrectomy (kidney removal)
- Cystectomy (bladder removal)
- Repair of congenital blockages
- Repair of ureteral strictures