Comprehensive Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Care in Southern New Hampshire
When you need help recovering from surgery, injury or other health setbacks, you can trust the physical therapy and rehabilitation team at Parkland Medical Center to help you return to everyday living. We offer customized inpatient and outpatient programs designed around the unique needs of men, women, and children.
Our team is led by a physiatrist (doctor who specializes in physical medicine and rehabilitation) who develops your plan. Your care comes from highly skilled and licensed physical, occupational, speech therapists, and other professionals with special training in a variety of condition-specific therapies. We tailor our programs to your needs using advanced technologies and the backing of a full-service, elite medical center.
Parkland Medical Center has a successful record of helping patients recover, regain skills and abilities, and return to regular activities as quickly as possible.
Outpatient therapy requires a physician referral and takes place at our Parkland Rehabilitation Nutfield Professional Building in Derry. Hours of operation:
Monday – Thursday | 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Friday | 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Advanced Care with a Personalized Treatment Plan for Adults and Children
Parkland Medical Center offers physical therapy (PT) to protect, strengthen, or restore muscle and motor function. Treatments are personalized to your needs and can include:
- Exercise instruction
- Manual therapy techniques
- Medical device instruction
- Pain management therapy
- Patient education
We also offer occupational therapy (OT), which focuses on improving daily activities, such as bathing, dressing, eating, and home management. Our certified therapists develop plans to help you:
- Conserve energy
- Improve gross and fine motor skills
- Regain physical independence
- Strengthen upper extremities
- Learn to use assistive devices effectively
Comprehensive Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Services
Our adult and pediatric physical therapy and rehabilitation treatments services are comprehensive. We treat a wide range of conditions and offer services that include:
- Balance and vestibular (inner ear) therapy: Balance assessments and retraining to help you gain control over symptoms, such as dizziness, muscle coordination issues, and more.
- Cardiac rehabilitation: Comprehensive education, risk reduction, and exercises to help you live better with coronary artery disease, heart failure, and other chronic diseases.
- Ergonomics/industrial education and training: To help you understand your condition, control pain, and prevent re-injury by reducing stressors of repetitive activities or tasks.
- Lymphedema services: Certified programs and medical-assistive devices to help restore function, reduce pain, and reduce risk of infection.
- Neurological conditions: Special programs for stroke, brain, and nervous system conditions, including brain injury, spinal cord injuries, multiple sclerosis, and Parkinson’s disease.
- Orthopedic and spine programs: Certified hand therapy, total joint replacement rehabilitation, and other therapies designed to ease pain and improve strength and mobility before and after surgery.
- Orthotics, assistive technology, and adaptive equipment: To help relieve pain or regain independence, including custom splints, braces, and fitting for wheel chairs.
- Pain management: Includes manual therapy, biofeedback, electrical stimulation, ultrasound technology, and heat therapy for pain from injury or disease.
- Pediatric rehabilitation: Specially designed programs for children with a variety of temporary and long-term disabilities, developmental needs, and other conditions.
- Prevention programs: Fall assessments and therapies improve strength and prevent injuries, especially if you have conditions that put you at risk, like osteoporosis.
- Speech therapy: To retrain voice, speech and swallowing concerns after injury, surgery, or neuromuscular conditions from certified speech-language pathologists.
- Sports injuries and prevention: To reduce pain or recover from surgery for knee, shoulder, ankle, and other joint and muscle pains, using gait training, conditioning for athletes, strength training, electrical stimulation, and more. We also offer special programs for dancers, ice skaters, gymnasts, and cheerleaders called Back on Pointe.
- Women’s rehabilitation: Programs for special needs at different stages of life, including childbirth and pelvic floor and incontinence rehabilitation.
The Best Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation in Southern New Hampshire
Physical therapy and rehabilitation at Parkland Medical Center involves education, training, and support every step of the way. Patients choose us for our:
- Advanced care with a personal touch. Because our program is hospital-based and outpatient, you benefit from a therapy or exercise program tailored to your specific health needs.
- Individualized treatment plans. We offer dynamic, customized, and one-on-one evaluation, training, rehabilitation/physical therapy, and performance enhancement programs.
- Certified therapists working for you. Our expert therapists are certified in a variety of adult and pediatric rehabilitation specialties, including hand therapy, lymphedema therapy, speech and language pathology, and more.
- Facilities dedicated to rehabilitation care. The outpatient Parkland Rehabilitation Services offers the best in fitness equipment and training.
- Convenient location. Inpatient therapy begins at Parkland Medical Center main campus and is offered on outpatient basis at the medical office building in Derry, New Hampshire.
Learn more about minimally invasive joint replacement techniques that allow for smaller incisions, and more precise and accurate implant placement for better outcomes.
Throughout life stages, women are at risk for various musculoskeletal conditions or injuries, and may have special needs when it comes to rehabilitation.
Don’t let a sports injury keep you from an active lifestyle. We offer advanced services and therapies for injuries and concussions.