Pediatric-ready when it's an emergency.
We understand that nothing is quite as stressful as when your child needs emergency care. The doctors and nurses at Parkland Medical Center are trained to care for children and we understand that your child’s needs are very different from an adult’s needs.
Our physicians, nurses, and specialists are specially trained to treat children, but we also understand the important role you play in your child’s health and well-being. Our team is committed to working with you to develop a treatment plan so you can make informed decisions about what's best for your child.
Why choose us — Expert care, comfort, and convenience
Our pediatric-friendly ER features:
- Board certified Emergency Medicine physicians who are trained in both adults and pediatrics
- Nurses with special training and certification in pediatric care
- Pediatric medication management system that allows us to improve the speed, accuracy and administration of medications, reduce medical errors, and standardize pediatric medication dosing
- Advanced technology specifically designed for children and young adults
- Family-friendly environment
- Free Wi-Fi
If your child is experiencing an emergency, always call 911 first.
If you would like to talk to a nurse about whether you should come to the ER or wait for your doctor’s office to open, you can contact a nurse, 24 hours a day by phone at 877-642-2362.
Visit our website or text ’ER’ to 32222 to find out the HCA ER wait times closest to you (message and data rates may apply).