Looking for expert heart and vascular care? You don’t have to look far. The Center for Cardiology at Parkland Medical Center provides exceptional cardiovascular care comparable to services found at major urban medical centers—with a much more personal touch.
Heart Care Close to You
The heart and vascular experts at the Center for Cardiology at Parkland Medical Center deliver advanced cardiology care with an emphasis on your total health and well-being. Our affiliation with the renowned New England Heart Institute (NEHI) offers you access to skilled and experienced cardiologists who deliver services and treatments that best meet your needs. When you choose Parkland Medical Center for your heart care, you also gain access to the Heart & Vascular Institute at Portsmouth Regional Hospital, our sister facility, where you have access to our cardiothoracic surgery experts.
Your First Choice for Heart & Vascular Care in Southern New Hampshire
When you trust your cardiovascular care to Parkland, you’ll benefit from:
- Our continuum of services spanning prevention and diagnosis to treatment and recovery, allowing you to receive nearly all your care right here in your community hospital
- National certification as an accredited Chest Pain Center, recognizing our fast, skilled response to potential heart attack
- Cardiac catheterization lab certified by the College of American Pathologists (CAP) and staffed 24/7 by a board-certified NEHI cardiologist, allowing us to diagnose and stop a heart attack in its tracks
- Our strong relationship with local emergency responders, who have designated Derry as a HeartSafe community and who activate Parkland Medical Center’s LifeNet system while potential heart or vascular patients are on the way to the hospital; our door-to-balloon times consistently put us in the top 10 percent of hospitals nationwide
- National accreditation for our echocardiography laboratory, acknowledging our skill in the noninvasive and minimally invasive procedures that provide detailed, accurate diagnostic assessments of heart structures and blood flow
- Therapeutic hypothermia—CODE ICE—to lower body temperature and allow the brain time to recover from changes during cardiac arrest
- Cardiac and cardiothoracic surgery referrals to our trusted partners—the New England Heart Institute (NEHI) and the Heart & Vascular Institute at Portsmouth Regional Hospital, our sister facility on the Seacoast
- Medically supervised cardiac rehabilitation program certified by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR) and medically directed by a NEHI board-certified cardiologist
- Vascular ultrasound accreditation from the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories (ICAVL)
When it comes to your heart health, you’ll be reassured to know that we carefully weigh options to choose those that are most effective in treating your condition and least invasive to your body. Many of our procedures rely on noninvasive or minimally invasive techniques.