Parkland Medical Center’s 24-hour emergency room offers a high level of care when you need it most. Our ER provides responsive, patient-focused care in a small hospital setting with the most advanced technology and an experienced staff. Our emergency room also has important designations such as a Level III Trauma Center and an Accredited Chest Pain Center.
Conveniently located in Derry, New Hampshire, your closest emergency room is never far away. We are close, and we are fast!
Short ER wait times
As part of our commitment to the Derry community, we post our ER wait times online so you can make an informed decision about your family’s care during a crisis. Our emergency room nurses and doctors work round the clock to ensure our ER wait times are as low as possible. We are proud to say we routinely beat the national average for emergency room wait times.
You can also view our ER wait times by texting “ER” to 32222.
Derry’s first choice for emergency care
Our patient-centered care and emergency expertise make us the top choice for your ER care for a host of reasons, such as:
- Board-certified emergency physicians, nurses and clinical staff specially trained in trauma and advanced cardiac life support
- Dedicated nurses with advanced emergency nurse certifications (CEN), as well as Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners (SANE)
- Specialty rooms for gynecology, ear-nose-throat, cardiac and trauma patients
- A Pediatric Acute Care System offering specialized care for children
- Life-saving emergency heart care, including response times for opening blocked arteries that place us in the top 10 percent of hospitals nationwide
- Expertise in induced therapeutic hypothermia, an advanced protocol that improves outcomes for heart attack and stroke patients
- Access to the most advanced onsite diagnostic imaging capabilities with 24/7 support from diagnostic imaging, respiratory therapy and laboratory services
- In-room registration to reduce waiting and ensure accuracy of informationn
Primary ER Services
Our ER provides specialized treatment day and night for wide-ranging emergencies, including:
- Heart attack
- Pulmonary illness
- Abdominal pain
- Bone injuries
- Ear, nose, throat and eye concerns
- Behavioral health concerns
Pediatric Friendly ER
Pediatric emergency needs are unique, which is why we work to make sure their visit to our emergency room is as comforting and safe as possible. Our ER provides your child access to specialists that understand your child’s physical and mental needs during a medical emergency. Parkland Medical Center is proud to offer our patients board-certified emergency providers and access to experienced pediatricians in the region, giving your child access to high quality emergency care.
Do I need urgent care or an emergency room?
We also provide urgent care services for minor illnesses and injuries for patients of all ages at Parkland Medical Center and our urgent care center in Salem.