Sports Medicine in Derry. New Hampshire
Parkland Medical Center's sports medicine doctors use the latest technology and best practices to diagnose and treat sports injuries. From injury prevention programs to minimally invasive surgeries, our sports medicine clinic provides comprehensive services to teams and individuals.
For more information about our sports medicine program, call our Consult-A-Nurse® team at (877) 642-2362.
Our multidisciplinary team includes:
- Sports medicine specialists
- Orthopedic surgeons
- Exercise physiatrists
- Physical therapists
Sports injuries and conditions we treat
We have experience diagnosing and treating sports-related injuries. We can also recommend preventative care to keep patients in the best shape possible or to help patients avoid additional problems in the future. Common sports-related injuries we treat include:
- Back and neck injuries
- Bone and joint injuries
- Concussions and other head injuries
- Foot and ankle injuries
- Hand and upper extremity injuries
- Hip pain and injuries
- Knee pain and injuries
Sports medicine and sports therapy services
Our specialists are dedicated to helping you and/or your team maximize performance while staying healthy and preventing injuries. Some of our Derry sports medicine services include:
- Sports physical therapy: Physical therapy can help athletes recover after surgery, but we also prescribe rehabilitation to help manage pain and prevent further damage or injury. Inpatient and outpatient programs are available.
- Back on Pointe program: Our Back on Pointe program provides specialized injury treatments and therapy for dancers, gymnasts, ice skaters and cheerleaders.
- Pain management therapies: Pain management treatments can include injections, selective nerve root blocks, platelet-rich plasma (PRP) and nerve stimulation techniques to manage pain.
- Concussion management: Our experienced sports medicine physicians recognize the symptoms of concussions and brain injury. We provide neurological evaluation and clearance to return to activity.
- Specialized strength training and injury prevention for specific athletes: We create customized programs to help active people of all skill levels use proper techniques to avoid injuries.
Sports medicine surgery
Our orthopedic surgeons perform minimally invasive arthroscopic surgery, which involves small incisions and inserting a lighted tube into the joint. This allows surgeons to diagnose your condition and perform a variety of procedures, including:
- Cartilage reconstruction
- Elbow tendon repair
- Knee ligament repair and reconstruction
- Joint replacement, including knee replacements and hip replacements
- Meniscus surgery
- Rotator cuff shoulder repair
- Tommy John surgery
Team-based sports medicine services
Our orthopedic care and sports medicine group offers programs for sports teams in southern New Hampshire. Our team-based services, available for high school, college, recreational and professional athletic teams, include:
- Certified athletic training, including on-site practices, game staffing and physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Concussion management and medical release
- Free seasonal Saturday morning football injury assessments
- Pre-season injury prevention clinics
- Sports physicals
- Team sports performance enhancement programs