Dealing with cancer is a challenge—physically, mentally and emotionally. That’s why you need an experienced and caring partner to share your journey, every step of the way.
Expert Cancer Care Close to You
The expert cancer professionals with Lahey Oncology & Hematology at Parkland deliver advanced oncology care with an emphasis on all aspects of your health and well–being. You’ll find treatment for blood diseases and nearly every type of cancer through access to the latest surgical, chemotherapy and radiation technologies and techniques.
In addition to the benefits of our affiliation with Lahey Hospital & Medical Center’s nationally accredited Sofia Gordon Cancer Center in Burlington, MA, we draw on the skilled colleagues at our sister facility, Portsmouth Regional Hospital, to deliver services and treatments that best meet your needs. When you choose Parkland Medical Center for your cancer care, you also gain access to a broad range of clinical trials that provide alternatives typically unavailable elsewhere.
Your First Choice for Cancer Care in Southern New Hampshire
Parkland Medical Center offers the advanced technology and treatments you expect from a leading cancer hospital and we’re close to home. At our comfortable, welcoming, patient–centered location in Derry's Overlook Medical Park building in Derry, NH and location in the Parkland Medical Building at 31 Stiles Road in Salem, NH, - you benefit from:
- Comprehensive, coordinated and customized cancer care—beginning with screening and prevention education through diagnosis, treatment, follow–up and survivorship programs—including rapid scheduling for treatment after test results
- Cancer–fighting expertise accredited by the American College of Surgeons (ACoS) and recognized by the ACoS Commission on Cancer (CoC) for consistently surpassing state and national averages in quality measures for breast, colon and rectal cancer standards of care
- Cancer care teams with members from diverse disciplines that review your case during bi–weekly conferences and collaborate on your personalized plan for treatment and care
- Access to accurate diagnosis and staging of lung, esophageal and thoracic cancers with endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) through expertise at Lahey Hospital & Medical Center and physicians in our Endoscopy Center
- The latest digital technology for early detection of breast cancer and dedicated nurse navigators to guide patients and their families every step of the way
- Specialized nursing certifications, including the Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) designation in chemotherapy administration
- Surgical services for a wide range of cancers, including gynecologic, breast, urologic and prostate, with alternatives to total mastectomy for breast cancer
- Our comfortable, welcoming Infusion Therapy Services center for chemotherapy and related treatments and supported by board–certified medical oncologists and a board–certified oncology pharmacist
- Access to radiation therapies through our affiliates and partners in the greater New England region
Early detection of cancer can save your life. So turn your concern into action and get screened today. Many of our programs welcome you directly—you can come in on your own, without referral from a physician. At Parkland Medical Center, we feel strongly about the benefits of cancer education and prevention, so you’re likely to find us in your neighborhood, participating in community events and offering services:
- Health fairs, community education seminars and low–cost screenings
- American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life
- Support groups for prostate and gynecologic cancers and multiple breast cancer support groups, including Look Good…Feel Better® program with the American Cancer Society
- Aesthetic and skin care education workshops
- Nutrition services and counseling
- Wellness programs at no charge to oncology patients
- Extensive resources, including in–person counseling, for cancer patients and caregivers in collaboration with the American Cancer Society
- Our integrative care services that support health and healing for your body, mind and spirit
- Survivorship care plan consultations and our Annual Cancer Survivor Celebration Dinner
Support your recovery and regain function during and after treatment by taking advantage of the extensive inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services available to you through Parkland Medical Center. Our compassionate clinicians, nurses and therapists deliver the expert care you need. Your overall recuperation, return to daily activities and outlook on life can also benefit from our extensive cancer recovery and support resources, lunch–and–learn sessions, healing arts workshops, palliative care, pain management and more.