Cancer support center in southern New Hampshire
Parkland Medical Center's cancer support services focus on life before, during and after a cancer diagnosis. We partner with the American Cancer Society (ACS) for educational resources, in-person counseling and events, such as Daffodil Days and Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
To sign up for a cancer support group, class or event, call our Consult-A-Nurse® team at (877) 642-2362.
Through our oncology program, we connect patients with:
- Multiple breast cancer support groups, including ACS’s Look Good…Feel Better® group
- ACS's "I Can Cope" program, which helps patients, families and caregivers through a cancer diagnosis
- Personalized social work services to help arrange transportation, home care, finances, advance directives and more
- Aesthetic and skincare workshops
- Healing arts workshops
- Access to a wig bank with hats and scarves
- Spiritual guidance and support
- Bereavement support groups for spouses and children
- Lunch-and-learn sessions and classes for you, your family and caregivers
- Volunteers who provide handcrafted blankets, shawls, hats, scarves and other caring services
- Participation in community events, such as Relay for Life
- Lifetime access to our integrative care services—massage therapy, yoga, Reiki and more—during infusion therapy procedures and after treatment
Cardiac rehabilitation services
Parkland provides physical therapy and rehabilitation to help you through your cancer treatment. Our therapies are designed to help you manage the side effects of treatments, such as fluid retention (lymphedema).
Cancer survivorship support groups
Life goes on after a cancer diagnosis and treatment, and we’re here to support you every step of the way. In addition to the individualized assistance you’ll receive through treatment at Parkland, we’ll help you get back to your life by enabling you to adapt to changes in your energy level and stamina.
We also provide survivorship care planning, and you can join us in celebrating your life anew at our annual Cancer Survivor Dinner.