At Parkland Medical Center, we recognize the valuable role family, friends and significant others play in your recovery. We welcome your visitors throughout your hospital stay but also respect your desire to restrict visitors at any time. Notify your nurse of your preferences.
You may designate a support person to accompany you through all courses of your treatment except when it poses a risk to you, the visitor or other patients.
Please see our current Visitor Policy.
Special guidelines apply for visitors to the intensive care unit (ICU), sometimes referred to as the critical care unit (CCU).
Visitors are asked to follow these guidelines:
- Avoid visiting if you have a cold, cough, sore throat or communicable disease.
- ER visitors must be age 16 or older.
- Children under 12 are welcome if they are healthy. They must be accompanied by an adult and should not be left unattended.
- For safety, only Mylar (non-latex) balloons are allowed in the hospital.
- Flowers and plants are not allowed in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU).
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere in or around the hospital.
- Alcohol, disruptive or violent behavior, street drugs and weapons are prohibited.
Visits may be interrupted and visitors may be asked to leave the room if patients are scheduled for tests or treatments in other locations or when treatments are delivered in the room.
Ask the nursing staff about arranging accommodations for an overnight visitor. Explore our amenities for patients and visitors.
Contact a Patient
To phone a patient at Parkland, call (603) 432-1500 and ask to be connected to the patient or room number.
Address patient postal mail to:
Patient’s Room Number
Parkland Medical Center
One Parkland Dr
Derry, NH 03038
Infection Prevention & Isolation Precautions
Be aware of your responsibility as a visitor for infection prevention. HAND WASHING is the best way to prevent the spread of infection. Wash your hands before entering and after leaving a patient room, after using the bathroom, after handling contaminated items, before eating and before preparing food for someone else to eat.
Please comply with notices on patients’ doors concerning any isolation precautions, such as "Contact Precautions," "Droplet Precautions" or "Airborne Precautions." Before entering the room, ask the nursing staff for information to ensure safe visits.
Call our Consult-A-Nurse® team 24/7 at (877) 642-2362 to find a specialist, schedule an appointment and learn more about services at Parkland Medical Center.Maps & Directions