At Parkland Medical Center, we want you to feel comfortable and prepared for your hospital visit. Use the information here to plan ahead for the best possible experience and outcome.
Before Your Outpatient Procedure
As soon as you’re scheduled for an outpatient procedure, check with the doctor’s office that made your referral. Ask a nurse for the details about your treatment, the admission process and your next steps.
Before Your Hospital Visit
- Take time to review your insurance coverage and make sure you’re prepared to pay your copay or deductible. If you’re unsure of your specific coverage, call your insurance company in advance.
- For information about financial assistance or for help understanding your insurance benefits, contact our Financial Counselor Service at (603) 421-2079.
- You can preregister online to save time at check-in. Or call a registration representative (888) 327-8882 to register once you’ve been referred to Parkland Medical Center.
Preparing for Your Procedure
Your doctor’s office will give you specific information about preparing for an upcoming procedure or hospital stay, but we’ve also provided some basic suggestions to help you prepare for your visit.
- Verify that your procedure is covered by your insurance carrier.
- Learn more about preparing for surgery at Parkland.
- Find out how to prepare for your child’s hospital visit.
- Get information on preparing for labor and delivery at Parkland.
If you have questions, contact your primary physician for more information.
What to Bring
Items You Need for Admission
- All active insurance cards
- A list of all medications you currently take
- Photo identification, such as a driver’s license
- Social Security number
- Living will and other advance directives, if you have them
- HMO/PPO referral forms, if required
- Medical records, X-ray films or previous test results, if your physician has requested them
- Written letter of authorization from your insurance carrier, if you’re covered by workers’ compensation
- A check or credit card for deductibles, copayments or deposits
Items You Need for Your Stay
- Personal toiletries, such as shampoo, toothpaste and toothbrush
- Bathrobe and slippers or socks
- A list with names, doses and schedules of all medications you take on a routine basis; do not bring any of these medications with you to the hospital unless your doctor writes an order for you to do so
- Glasses, dentures, hearing aids or any other assistive device you may need
- Clothes to wear when you go home
Leave your valuable items, such as jewelry, portable electronic devices, credit cards, checkbook and cash at home.
Transferring Medical Records
Learn how to submit a request for medical records so your records may be sent to yourself or a doctor’s office.
Call our Consult-A-Nurse® team 24/7 at (877) 642-2362 to find a specialist, schedule an appointment and learn more about services at Parkland Medical Center.Maps & Directions