During respiratory illness season
Parkland Medical Center has implemented the following visitor safety measures because of the current COVID-19 pandemic and increase in community spread throughout the state of New Hampshire. These changes are effective Monday, November 23.
No inpatient visitors will be allowed with the following exceptions:
- 1 adult person (18 or older) at a time per patient for the following services only:
- Pediatric patients
- Laboring mothers
- Patient advocates pre/post surgery
- End of life
- 1 adult person (18 or older) can remain overnight for these specific services/situations.
- Clergy for patients that request them will be allowed.
- Any visitor meeting this criteria will be screened, need to maintain social distance and required to mask for the duration of their visit.
- Any exceptions to the above will require approval by the department director, nursing supervisor, and administrator on-call.
- We know how difficult this is for the loved ones of our patients in the hospital. Please consider programs like FaceTime, Skype, etc. to virtually visit your loved one.
Thank you for your help in maintaining a safe environment for our patients and staff.