December 17, 2021
Rochester, Derry and Portsmouth, NH – HCA New Hampshire hospitals Frisbie Memorial Hospital, Parkland Medical Center, and Portsmouth Regional Hospital are asking for the community’s help to show their support for all frontline healthcare workers this holiday season. This 2021-22 holiday season, Keep Your Lights Up for Healthcare Heroes through Jan. 31, 2022 to show your support.
“Healthcare heroes have been fighting on the frontlines of the COVID-19 pandemic for almost two years, sacrificing time with their families, putting themselves in harm's way, and working long hours to take care of others. We know our healthcare heroes are tired, but they continue to put others first and care for the sickest patients in our hospitals, doctors' offices, ambulances, and all across our communities,” said Tom Wold, chief medical officer, Portsmouth Regional Hospital. “Holiday lights provide an emotional boost to everyone who sees them. In this challenging year, these lights have become for many a sign of normalcy and hope. And it’s not just our hospitals’ staff, but healthcare workers across New Hampshire that deserve our continued community support.”
With COVID-19 restrictions also keeping family members from bedside support in our hospitals, doctors' offices, and assisted care facilities, our doctors, nurses, medical teams, and other support staff had become more than just caregivers to our sick. In many cases they have become the one supportive voice keeping them strong to fight the virus.
This January, we are asking businesses, communities, and homeowners to Keep Your Lights Up For Healthcare Heroes through Jan. 31, 2022 to thank a healthcare hero for helping defeat this virus and end this pandemic.
Getting Involved Is Easy
- Take a picture of your holiday lights display and post it on social media with the hashtag #LightsUp4Heroes
- Post signs in your yard showing your support for the doctors, nurses, respiratory therapists and other healthcare professionals who remain at the front of the fight to end this pandemic. Download our printable flyer and place it in your window or on your door to show your support for the campaign.
- And, if you know a healthcare worker personally, be sure you take the time to recognize them for their work.
- Visit keepyourlightsup.com to learn more.
Keep Your Lights Up for Healthcare Heroes and make a difference in the lives of our tired, but dedicated, healthcare professionals who are still showing up every day to care for us.
- Campaign graphics and art are available at: Keepyourlightsup.com under the “Toolkit” tab.
- Hashtag #LightsUp4Heroes