Medical lab tests in southern New Hampshire
Parkland Medical Center offers comprehensive clinical laboratory testing and services at several convenient locations. All of our affiliated labs follow the stringent quality and safety standards as those used at the hospital, where the lab is accredited by the College of American Pathologists (CAP).
Call our Consult-A-Nurse® team 24/7 at (877) 642-2362 to learn more about diagnostic tests and imaging procedures at Parkland.
Using innovative imaging technology—along with interventional radiology procedures—our board-certified physicians and radiologists diagnose and treat conditions for optimal results, which can help avoid the need for surgery.
Complete lab tests with Parkland
When you use our hospital and affiliated labs, you can count on receiving skilled, accurate, efficient and reasonably priced laboratory services for tests, such as:
Diagnostic testing and laboratory services through Parkland also connect patients with these benefits:
- All exams can be completed at one site.
- Most testing is done at the hospital, ensuring short waits and quick turnarounds for routine test results.
- As new lab tests are completed, your results are integrated into your electronic medical record. This means your physician can access your complete medical history quickly and efficiently.
- The experienced staff at our full-service blood bank handle routine and complex transfusion testing.
Diagnostic lab services
Tests and imaging procedures available through Parkland and Salem Radiology include:
- Computed tomography (CT)
- Breast diagnostics
- Bronchoscopy and pulmonary function tests
- Interventional radiology
- Electroencephalogram (EEG)
- Electrophysiology (EP) services
- Endoscopy and endoscopic ultrasound (EUS)
- Heart imaging and screening
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Nuclear medicine
- Positron Emission Tomography (PET)
Bone density tests
Parkland offers bone density screening, also called dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry (DEXA) or bone densitometry, using the Hologic® bone densitometer. A DEXA scan is the most accurate method available for diagnosing bone density loss.
Bone density screening is a simple, quick, noninvasive procedure that needs no anesthesia. It is most often used for osteoporosis screening, but a bone density scan assesses your risk for developing fractures as well. The amount of radiation used is extremely small—less than one-tenth the dose of a standard chest X-ray and less than a day’s exposure to natural radiation. Plus, our Radiation Right safety program ensures you receive the lowest effective dose of radiation.
Preparing for clinical laboratory services
You’ll receive specific information about preparing for your procedure when we schedule your appointment. For the most accurate results, follow all instructions provided. You’ll also want to:
- Review your insurance policy before you arrive to make sure your upcoming procedure is covered. If you’re not sure about coverage, call your insurance company before your appointment.
- Contact your doctor’s office if you didn’t receive instructions or if you have questions.
- Leave all jewelry, money, credit cards, checkbooks, handbags and other valuables at home.
On the day of your procedure, check in at the appropriate registration desk 20 minutes before your appointment. You’ll be asked to review and sign documents related to your procedure.
Items to bring for your diagnostic lab tests
- Written order from your doctor for your procedure
- Complete list of medications you currently take
- Your Social Security number
- All active insurance cards
- Photo identification
- Advance directives, such as a living will or durable power of attorney for healthcare, if you have them
- Any relevant earlier imaging studies on CD or DVD for use as comparisons, if you have them
Our New Hampshire diagnostic labs
Parkland offers clinical laboratory testing and services at four convenient locations. Laboratory procedures are available on a walk-in basis.
Parkland Outpatient Laboratory Services
1 Parkland Dr., Derry, NH 03038
Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday, 7:30 a.m.–noon (use ER entrance)
Parkland Outpatient Center Nutfield Professional Building
44 Birch Street Suite 300 (entrance B), Derry, NH 03038
Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Parkland Outpatient Laboratory Services at Salem
31 Stiles Road, 2nd Floor, Salem, NH 03079
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
All of our affiliated labs follow the same stringent quality and safety standards used at the hospital, where the lab has been accredited by the College of American Pathologists (CAP) since 1988.