When diet, exercise and medications no longer bring relief, joint replacement or reconstruction surgery offers a lasting option.
Accurate Diagnosis. Customized Care.
At Parkland Medical Center, our medical professionals work with you to quickly establish an accurate diagnosis for joint replacement and develop a plan of care tailored to your specific needs. Whether you want to be a pain-free gardener or compete in a triathlon, Parkland’s board-certified, fellowship-trained surgeons and skilled clinical staff can help restore your desired quality of life.
Advanced Technology in Expert Hands
Our integrated team approach to patient evaluation, monitoring and management—before and after surgery—helps us consistently achieve top clinical outcomes for mobility and speed of recovery, as well as high marks related to quality and patient satisfaction for reconstructive surgeries and pain management.
We perform the direct anterior hip replacement, a minimally invasive process involving smaller incisions and muscle-sparing techniques for faster recovery. In this procedure, you also benefit from our use of the ARCH Table Extension™, a leg-holding device that offers constant, measurable, safe traction and precise reference points for greater accuracy and stability during surgery.
Designed to Get You Going Quickly
We routinely and safely replace or reconstruct all major joints, including hips, knees, shoulders, fingers, wrists, ankles and elbows. We select our multispecialty team of surgeons, orthopedic nurses, hospitalists, care coordinators, physical and occupational therapists, pharmacists, dietitians and technicians for their outstanding clinical skills and desire to deliver exceptional patient care. You also benefit from:
- New joint replacement materials and prosthetic joint technology
- Minimally invasive and innovative techniques in surgery that allow smaller incisions, less anesthesia, less blood loss and quicker recovery
- Preoperative education for you and your caregivers to teach the exercises you’ll use following surgery; educational materials to assist with every phase of your surgery, recovery and discharge
- Vigorous rehabilitation programs—including use of a continuous passive motion machine to exercise the new joint right after surgery—speeding your recovery and discharge, which often means you can go directly home instead of spending additional days or weeks at an inpatient rehab facility
- Our well-regarded pain management program, delivered through Parkland’s Interventional Spine and Pain Clinic, employing the latest research and best practices for pain relief
Learn more about knee arthroscopy, knee replacement, hip replacement, shoulder replacement, spinal injections, spinal fusion and other orthopedic and spine procedures and conditions in our online Health Library.
Rehabilitation & Recovery
Take advantage of Parkland’s outpatient rehabilitation services to speed your recovery and regain function following orthopedic or spine-related injury, damage, tumor or surgery. Our compassionate clinicians, nurses and therapists deliver the expert care you need.
Learn more about Parkland’s sports medicine services that can help you get back in the game as quickly as possible.
Scheduled for Surgery?
Preregister now to save time.