As part of our commitment to community wellness, Parkland Medical Center offers a number of community health and wellness events, education programs and other resources. We’re here to support you and your family in happy, healthy living.
Extensive Wellness Services
Because health encompasses more than advanced technology and medical procedures, we provide many educational resources to help you improve your health and overall well-being. Choose from a variety of programs, such as:
- Nutrition counseling and diabetes education
- Oncology support programs
- Pregnancy and birth classes and breastfeeding support
- Weight management and wellness exercise classes
- Smoking cessation
- Pediatric Asthma Care & Training (P.A.C.T.) program
- Rehabilitation services, including supervised exercise and physical therapy
- Breast cancer, lymphedema and osteoporosis rehabilitation and exercise
- First aid and CPR classes
- Community lecture series, including Lunch & Learn, Heart Health, Healthy Aging, Orthopedic Health, Menopause Moments and others
- h2u programs and events for members age 50+
Classes & Events
Whether you want to learn first aid, prepare for a new addition to your family, get fit or just enjoy a new approach to life, we’re here for you.
Check our calendar of events to find classes, support groups, screening clinics or community events that meet your needs.
Online Wellness Centers
Visit the Wellness Centers in our online Health Library to learn more about health and prevention topics for every stage of life.