On the road to cancer recovery, you need all the support you can get, especially the compassionate help that incorporates the latest techniques and resources tailored to your specific disease.
Cancer Recovery Close to You
Parkland Medical Center offers comprehensive inpatient and outpatient cancer care, recovery and support services to residents of greater Derry and the entire Southern New Hampshire region. We partner with the American Cancer Society (ACS) for educational resources, a library, events such as Daffodil Days or Breast Cancer Awareness Month and in–person counseling.
From infusion therapies and rehabilitation options—physical therapy, speech therapy and occupational therapy—to lymphedema services, you’ll find the best cancer recovery resources and support at The Lahey Oncology & Hematology at Parkland Medical Center:
- Multiple breast cancer support groups, including ACS’s Look Good…Feel Better®
- I Can Cope program from ACS to help patients, families and caregivers handle a new cancer diagnosis
- Support groups for gynecologic and prostate cancers, as well as for caregivers and family members, including children
- Options for reconstructive surgery
- Access to participation in national Phase III clinical trials
- Individualized social work services to help you and your family find assistance for transportation, home care, finances, advance directives and other important support needs
- Lifetime access to our integrative care services—massage therapy, yoga, Reiki and more—during infusion therapy procedures and after treatment, as well as exercise programs to help you through chemotherapy
- Aesthetic and skin care workshops
- Healing arts workshops, including Prickly Pear Poetry Project, Oncology on Canvas Art Competition/Exhibition and others
- Nutrition counseling and dietary support group
- Wig bank, with hats and scarves
- Survivorship care planning and our annual Cancer Survivor Celebration Dinner
- Spiritual guidance and support
- Bereavement support groups for spouses and children
- Extensive resource library, lunch–and–learn sessions and classes for you and your family and caregivers
- Volunteers who provide handcrafted blankets, shawls, hats, scarves and other caring services
- Participation in community events, such as Relay for Life, Old Home/Old Town Days and more
We’re in your neighborhood, we’re close to home and we care about your health.
Rehabilitation & Recovery
Support your recovery and regain function during and after treatment by taking advantage of the extensive inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services available to you through Parkland Medical Center. Our compassionate clinicians, nurses and therapists deliver the expert care you need. Your overall recuperation, return to daily activities and outlook on life can also benefit from our extensive cancer recovery and support resources, lunch–and–learn sessions, healing arts workshops, palliative care, pain management and more.
View our online calendar for related classes and events.