Derry’s first choice for pediatric care
When it comes to your child, you want the best possible medical care from compassionate specialists. Parkland Medical Center’s pediatricians, pediatric specialists, family doctors and hospital medical team dedicate their lives to serving children and their families.
Whether your child needs inpatient or outpatient services, you’ll appreciate the comprehensive, family-centered care at Parkland Medical Center in Derry. In addition to treatment delivered with a caring touch, you and your child benefit from:
- Board-certified pediatric physicians and nurses who provide skilled and compassionate care for the medical, emotional and psychological needs of children. All of our nurses are trained in PALS (pediatric advanced life support) by the American Heart Association.
- Access to a wide range of pediatric specialists, including ear, nose and throat (ENT) doctors, asthma and nutrition specialists, physical, occupational and speech therapists and many more.
- Specialized asthma care and management education for children and their families through our innovative Pediatric Asthma Care & Training (P.A.C.T.) program
- Emergency room Pediatric Acute Care System ensuring right-size treatment and medication for children
- Pediatric physical, occupational and speech therapy program designed specifically to help children maximize their developmental and functional abilities
- Pediatric-appropriate sedation techniques to help make testing and imaging procedures easier
- Collaborative working relationships with healthcare providers throughout the greater Derry community
Find out about our classes and events focused on children’s health and fitness at our online calendar.
Principled, family-centered care
While your child is a patient at Parkland Medical Center, we care for the health and well-being of your entire family. You’re an important part of the medical team—you know your child better than anyone and should understand and agree with any plans for your child’s care. Our doctors, nurses, therapists and other specialists will also communicate with you on a daily basis, sharing all test results and treatment plans so you can make informed decisions about what’s best for your child.
The pediatricians at our hospital encourage you to stay with your child in the hospital as much as possible. We provide overnight sleeping accommodations and complimentary meals for parents.
We’ll teach you the skills you need to care for your child with confidence once you return home—from bathing and changing dressings to using a nebulizer, administering medications and more.
Get information to help you prepare for your child’s hospital visit.