Parkland Medical Center’s 24-hour emergency department offers a high level of care when you need it most. Our ER provides responsive, personalized care in a small hospital setting with a highly trained and experienced staff, some of the most advanced technology and designations such as a Level III Trauma Center and an Accredited Chest Pain Center.
Your First Choice for Emergency Care
Our patient-centered care and emergency expertise make us the top choice for your ER care for a host of reasons, such as:
- Board-certified emergency physicians, nurses and clinical staff specially trained in trauma and advanced cardiac life support
- Dedicated nurses with advanced emergency nurse certifications (CEN), as well as Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners (SANE)
- Specialty rooms for gynecology, ear-nose-throat, cardiac and trauma patients
- A Pediatric Acute Care System offering specialized care for children
- Life-saving emergency heart care, including response times for opening blocked arteries that place us in the top 10 percent of hospitals nationwide
- Expertise in induced therapeutic hypothermia, an advanced protocol that improves outcomes for heart attack and stroke patients
- Access to the most advanced onsite diagnostic imaging capabilities with 24/7 support from diagnostic imaging, respiratory therapy and laboratory services
- ER wait times you can view online and via text message—text “ER” to 23000 for current wait time—and in-room registration to reduce waiting and ensure accuracy of information
Primary ER Services
Our ER provides specialized treatment day and night for wide-ranging emergencies, including:
- Heart attack
- Pulmonary illness
- Abdominal pain
- Bone injuries
- Ear, nose, throat and eye concerns
- Behavioral health concerns
Pediatric Asthma Care
If your child is experiencing an asthma attack, our expertise in caring for pediatric asthma patients can provide relief. Our Pediatric Asthma Care & Training (P.A.C.T.) program is specifically designed around the needs of children. If your son or daughter needs to be admitted to the hospital, rest assured that nurses with special training in pediatric asthma will care for your child and work with you to create an asthma action plan before you go home.
Urgent Care for Minor Illnesses and Injuries
We also provide urgent care services for minor illnesses and injuries for patients of all ages at Parkland Medical Center and our Urgent Care Center in Salem.