For the best cancer care, you first need the most accurate diagnosis. Parkland Medical Center offers the latest in diagnostic technology. Our expert physicians are skilled in interpreting your results, and our laboratory pathologists are certified by the College of American Pathologists (CAP).
Advanced Cancer Diagnostics
Look for our innovative diagnostic and imaging services in welcoming, comfortable spaces within the hospital, in nearby medical office buildings and at our Salem Radiology partner location. You benefit from:
- Computed tomography (CT) high–resolution, 64-slice, low–dose scanning for more detailed images
- High–performance open magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) that delivers top–quality preoperative tumor images while allowing anxious or claustrophobic patients to relax
- Positron emission tomography (PET) and PET/CT scanning to show metabolic activity and identify growing tumors
- Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) for determining the stage of non–small cell lung cancer
- Digital mammography and 3–D breast imaging (tomosynthesis)
- Stereotactic or ultrasound guidance for breast imaging and biopsy
- Ultrasound (3–D, color)
- Sentinel node biopsy
- Nuclear medicine
- Access to interventional radiology techniques for a variety of diagnostic tests
With this broad range of advanced technologies, we’re better able to distinguish between benign and malignant masses, evaluate the effectiveness of chemotherapy and radiation and find out earlier if a tumor has recurred. You’ll also get a quick response—biopsy results are usually available within 48 hours.
Learn more about our extensive services for tests and imaging.
Save Your Life–Get Screened Today
Early detection of cancer can save your life. So turn your concern into action and get screened today at Parkland Medical Center. Many of our programs welcome you directly—you can come in on your own, without referral from a physician.
Schedule your screening mammogram, colonoscopy, PSA (prostate) exam, skin cancer screening or lung screening by calling our Consult–A–Nurse® team 24/7 at (877) 642-2362 today. We’ll help you arrange the appointment to fit your calendar and physician preference.
Screening Programs for Women and Men
Take advantage of the wide range of cancer screenings available at Parkland Medical Center, including:
- Breast — Mammography and ultrasound
- Cervical and gynecologic — Ovarian, uterine
- Colorectal — Colonoscopy and colorectal exam
- Lung and thoracic — Low–dose CT scan
- Prostate — Digital rectal exam and prostate–specific antigen (PSA)
- Skin cancers, including melanoma — Visual screening
Low–Cost Screening and Education Opportunities
Check our schedule of classes and events to find a variety of community health fairs and low–cost screenings available throughout Southern New Hampshire at locations near you.
Genetics and Cancer
We provide introductory information and make referrals for genetic counseling and testing to help you understand, manage or reduce your risks if you have a history of cancer in your family. For more information, contact our Consult–A–Nurse® team at (877) 642-2362.
The Power of Our Network Delivers Fast Results
Complementing our cancer testing and imaging technology, our Picture Archival Communication System (PACS) gives doctors fast access to all your medical records, images and test results from anywhere within Parkland Medical Center’s network. Doctors can use PACS to share images instantly with a consulting physician and help you receive the most accurate diagnosis.
Explore the Cancer Center in our online Health Library.
View our online calendar for related classes and events.