Parkland Center for Emotional Wellness Outpatient Services
Parkland Medical Center is dedicated to short-term behavioral health services for adults, which is why we are pleased to offer an outpatient Adult Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) located in the Nutfield Medical Office Building, 44 Birch Street in Derry, NH to help you achieve your behavioral wellness goals through the teaching of new strategies for coping with stress, anxiety, depression and other behavioral health symptoms. Whether you need a gradual transition from an inpatient stay or a treatment program that combines structure during the day with the flexibility of being at home in the evenings, our PHP can provide the level of care that fits your specific situation.
The Adult Partial Hospitalization Program is designed to help a patient who:
- Is an adult (18 and older)
- May be experiencing symptoms of depression, anxiety and/or other challenges that stand in the way of functioning in everyday situations
- Needs to develop coping skills for managing stress and changes in mood
- May have recently had an inpatient psychiatric admission and needs to step-down to a structured support program.
Patients admitted into the PHP are cared for by psychiatrists, social workers and registered nurses within the structure of an individualized treatment plan.
- Diagnostic assessment and evaluation
- One-on-one visits with a psychiatrist, including medication evaluation and management
- Medication evaluation and management by a psychiatrist
- Dynamic individual, family and group therapy sessions led by Mental Health professionals, focused on patient education, insight into behavior and a supportive environment to share and understand the challenges that are present in one’s life
- Patient and family education
- Assistance and planning for referral to treatment services upon discharge from the PHP
- A structured group therapy-oriented treatment setting that convenes Monday-Friday to offer ongoing available intervention and support
If you or someone you love is experiencing anxiety, depression and other forms of distress, please call us. We can help. To find out more about the Parkland Partial Hospitalization Program, call us at 603.421.3771.