Parkland Medical Center provides an unsurpassed level of care for the best patient outcomes. Your positive patient experience begins with resources highlighted here. Get detailed information for patients and families from our Parkland Patient Guide.
- Download Our Parkland Patient Guide (8.1 MB)
Check in at the hospital Registration Desk on the day of your procedure. For your convenience and to speed up the check-in process, you can preregister online for a screening mammogram and for your scheduled procedures. If you prefer, our registration representatives can assist you with preregistration when you call (888) 327-8882.
When checking in, your registration representative will photocopy your insurance and photo identification cards and ask you to verify information and sign all necessary forms, including:
- Consent to receive services
- Authorization to bill insurance
- Acknowledgement of billing policies for the services provided
You may be asked for a list of your current medications and to provide a copy of any advance directives, if you have them.
You’ll find convenient, complimentary parking for hospital patients and visitors in the hospital’s main parking lot across from the main entrance to the hospital. Handicapped parking is available in the lot.
Preparing for Your Visit
- Find the information you need to prepare for your visit — outpatient or inpatient — including what to bring, transferring your medical records and preparing for a procedure.
- Know your rights and responsibilities as a Parkland Medical Center patient.
- Plan ahead. Learn about advance care planning and end-of-life-decisions.
- Get information on our team of hospital professionals who work together to deliver the best possible treatment and outcomes during your stay with us.
- If directed to, make a list of your current medications—including vitamins, herbs and over-the-counter medications—to bring with you. Get a Personal Medication Record form.
- Find out about our range of amenities for patients and visitors.
Preparing for Your Return Home
When your doctor decides you’re ready to leave the hospital, you’ll receive a discharge order with instructions for follow-up care, such as medication, dietary requirements and your next scheduled appointment with your doctor. You’ll also stop by the hospital cashier to settle your account. Then, you’ll be escorted by a hospital representative to your waiting transportation. You may want to arrange with a family member or friend to take you home.
Case Management & Social Services
Coping with an extended hospital stay or an emergency can be difficult. Our Case Management/Social Services Department can help you with the personal side of medical care. Our case managers act as advocates for patients and their families and can arrange for a variety of support services. We’re available to help you and your family with discharge planning and to coordinate follow-up care, if needed, when you leave the hospital. We’re also here for you when you need crisis intervention.
If you have a problem or concern while you’re in the hospital, call extension 2262 to speak to one of our case managers. From outside the hospital, call (603) 421-2262.
Our online Health Library gives you the information you need to take charge of your health. Search medical conditions and procedures, as well as the latest health news.
We continually strive to ensure the highest level of patient safety at Parkland Medical Center—using best practices, advanced technology and increased patient involvement in healthcare decisions. Review our commitment to patient safety.
Billing, Insurance & Financial Information
Learn more about billing, insurance and other financial services, including estimated costs for medical services and how to pay your hospital bills.
Call our Consult-A-Nurse® team 24/7 at (877) 642-2362 to find a specialist, schedule an appointment and learn more about services at Parkland Medical Center.
Phone: (888) 327-8882
Mon - Fri: 8:00am - 8:00pm
Phone: (603) 421-2281
Mon - Fri: 6:30am - 8:00pm
Sat: 8:00am - 12:00pm
Phone: (603) 421-2458
Mon - Fri: 8:00am - 6:00pm
Phone: (603) 421-2153
7 days a week – 24 hours a day
Phone: (603) 432-1500, ext. 3390
Mon - Fri: 9:30am - 3:30pm