Parkland Medical Center October 19, 2012
Due to the recent fungal meningitis outbreak linked to steroid injections produced by the New England Compounding Center (NECC) we need you to know the following facts:
- All NECC products have been removed from our inventory. We continue to follow CDC recommendations.
- Fungal meningitis is not contagious. You should not be afraid of going to your doctor or to the emergency room for any reason. You should feel completely safe and not in fear of being at risk of catching meningitis.
- The FDA has an excellent Frequently Asked Questions website on the national meningitis outbreak:
- Further details are available at the CDC’s website:
- New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services website:
- The good health and wellbeing of those we serve is always our foremost concern.