Level III Trauma Center - serving you.
If you are critically injured in Southern New Hampshire, having a nearby Trauma Center can be the difference between life and death.
Level III Trauma Center, when minutes matter.
At Parkland Medical Center’s Level III Trauma Center, our specially-trained physicians, surgeons, and medical professionals are prepared to provide you the critical care you need.
Our Level III Trauma Center includes:
- A team of experts, including a physician Trauma Center director and nurses with advanced emergency certifications
- Prompt assessment, resuscitation, surgery, intensive care, and stabilization for critically injured patients
- A helipad for quick transport from an accident to the Trauma Center or to another medical center, if necessary
- A comprehensive program to regularly review of our care standards based on national standards published by the American College of Surgeons and the American College of Emergency Physician
- Transfer agreements for patients requiring more comprehensive care at a Level I or Level II Trauma Center
- A program to evaluate quality and provide ongoing staff education program to ensure we continue to provide high quality care to the community
- A community outreach program to help prevent injury for people in the Southern New Hampshire
Critical care before you arrive.
We work closely with our Emergency Medical Services (EMS) partners to begin critical care while you’re on your way to Parkland Medical Center, so we are prepared to treat your needs as soon as you arrive. In most cases, the EMS staff and our trauma team are communicating and preparing for your arrival.
Our EMS partners have knowledge and experience in trauma care that allows them to make split-second life-saving decisions and begin treatment until you get to our trauma care team.
If you or someone you know is experiencing an emergency always call 911 first.
If you aren’t certain about a critical care situation, you can contact a nurse, 24 hours a day, by phone at 877-642-2362.