Personalized Pregnancy and Childbirth Care in Southern New Hampshire
Few experiences are as meaningful and memorable as pregnancy and birth. Whether you’re a new mom or a seasoned pro, you want maternity care that supports and celebrates your growing family.
At Parkland Medical Center in Derry, New Hampshire we offer expert prenatal care, birth center tours and classes, customized labor and delivery services, and family-centered postpartum support. We help you plan an exceptional experience that meets your needs, including low-intervention birth options. Watch a video about what makes our family birthing center so special.
Why Choose Parkland Medical Center for Your Baby’s Birth
We offer safe, supportive care in a warm, welcoming environment. Families also choose us because:
- Teamwork matters. Our experienced caregivers — including obstetricians, gynecologists, anesthesiologists, and nurse practitioners — work together to ensure your delivery goes smoothly.
- We’re recognized for our care. We’ve been named a Blue Distinction Center for Maternity Care by the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association. This means we’ve met strict criteria for providing cost-efficient, high-quality maternity care.
- We support your preferences. You know your body better than anyone and we trust your instincts. We help you plan a comfortable, joyful delivery based on your needs. We also welcome and support private doula care.
- You and your baby are safe here. Because the unexpected can occur during labor and delivery, it’s important to choose a birth center that can handle emergencies at a moment’s notice. Our telemedicine program connects us to top neonatal experts at Children's Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock (CHaD), who can evaluate newborns in real-time, anytime. CHaD neonatal nurse practitioners, who are available for newborn assessments, work closely with Dartmouth-Hitchcock neonatologists who are accessible 24/7 by phone or our telemedicine service. And if needed, we’ll arrange for safe transport to CHaD’s Level III neonatal intensive care unit.
- Continuous care for your whole family. Parkland Medical Center offers specialized health services for all your family’s needs, from birth to old age. This includes adult and pediatric emergency, hospital, and specialty care, and women’s health services for every stage of life.
Before Your Baby is Born – Complete Prenatal Care
Our comprehensive prenatal services are designed to keep you healthy and give your baby the best start in life. We offer:
- Birth center tours and childbirth classes. We offer guided tours of our maternity unit, so you know what to expect and can ask questions ahead of time. We also have a wide range of classes covering labor and delivery, breastfeeding, and caring for baby.
- Personalized birth planning. Choose from an array of care tailored to your needs. We support low-intervention birth options such as natural pain management, wireless fetal monitoring, delayed umbilical cord clamping, and immediate skin-to-skin contact for you and your infant.
The Big Day – Customized Labor and Delivery Care
Your baby will be born in a soothing environment that supports integrative care, intimacy, and bonding. We offer:
- A calming, private labor experience. Our spa-like birthing suites allow you to labor your way, with the help of your caregiver or support person. We offer soaking tubs for hydrotherapy, Reiki, aromatherapy, special lighting, and private bathrooms. Even better, you won’t need to change rooms after your baby is born. You’ll recover and bond with your baby in the same space you gave birth.
- Welcoming, family-friendly setting. With snacks available in our family kitchen and overnight sleeping accommodations for your partner, your family will feel at home throughout labor and delivery.
- Medical team ready for anything. Our team is here for whatever you need, 24/7. We have the latest obstetric technology and resources, including dedicated operating rooms nearby for unplanned or emergency C-sections.
After Your Baby is Born – A Supportive Postpartum Experience
We’ll help you begin your physical recovery while providing emotional support, encouragement, and confidence as a parent. Our services include:
- Family-centered care. We practice couplet care (also known as rooming in), so you and your partner can get to know your baby in a private setting. This means your baby stays with you in the room at all times, even during most examinations. And the same nurse cares for you and your baby.
- 24/7 breastfeeding support. Breastfeeding is a learned skill for both mom and baby. Our on-site, International Board-Certified Lactation Consultants help you breastfeed immediately after birth and throughout your hospital stay. After discharge, you can call (603) 421-2064 anytime to ask questions, schedule a follow-up visit, or find local breastfeeding support groups.
- Special touches for you and baby. To help celebrate your baby’s birth, we’ll send you home with educational materials, a special tote bag, and a reusable drinking bottle.
- Ongoing support and counseling. We screen all new moms for postpartum depression before leaving the hospital and will coordinate any medical care or counseling you may need.
Having a baby is one of the most important decisions you’ll make. So is choosing where to have your baby. Use our guide to compare your options and find your ideal birth center.
Baby on the way? Chances are you have a million questions about feeding, sleep schedules, and babyproofing. Our classes help you feel confident and well-prepared.
Illness and injury tend to strike when you least expect it. Learn when you should bring your baby to the nearest ER, and when it’s okay to wait for your doctor’s office to open.