Your oral health directly impacts your overall health. Chronic oral infections can lead to serious health conditions, such as cardiac disease and respiratory infections. That's why it’s important to maintain good oral hygiene and consult with a specialist at the first sign of trouble. Parkland Medical Center is here to help, with oral surgeons who are experts in the diagnosis, treatment and management of diseases, injuries and defects of the mouth, teeth, jaws and face.
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgical Services
Individuals who experience oral pain or other problems associated with the mouth and jaw are often referred to an oral and maxillofacial surgeon for help. We provide advanced oral care and surgical services, including:
- Disease management, including soft and hard tissues
- Surgical reconstruction of inadequate bone structures
- Facial pain diagnosis and treatment
- Oral cancer diagnosis and treatment
- Corrective jaw surgery for conditions such as cleft lip and palate
- Sleep apnea diagnosis and surgical treatment, in conjunction with Parkland’s Center for Sleep Diagnostics
- Treatment for head and neck injuries
If you’re considering oral surgery to improve your smile or correct a problem with your teeth, get more information from the Oral Health Center at our online Health Library.
Pediatric Dental Care
Parkland Medical Center also offers pediatric dental care for children with special dental needs or injuries. Our services include the use of sedation or anesthesia for advanced procedures.
Scheduled for Oral Surgery in the Hospital?
Preregister online to save time.