Knee and Hip Replacement Experts in Southern New Hampshire
If knee or hip pain keeps you from activities you enjoy, visit a joint replacement expert at Parkland Medical Center, greater Derry’s best choice for orthopedic care. We offer advanced, minimally invasive joint replacement techniques for faster recovery.
Health Risk Assessments
Find out how healthy you are by taking our FREE online health risk assessments:
Joint replacement surgery at a full-service hospital gives you access to innovative services and comprehensive care should you need it. Our team is committed to your total wellness, which is why we offer education and services before, during, and after orthopedic surgery. We want to get you back to the active life you deserve as soon as possible.
Knee Replacement — Easing Your Knee Pain
Knee replacement surgery, also called knee arthroplasty, relieves pain and restores joint function. It involves resurfacing or capping the ends of the bones damaged by arthritis or injury with a prosthetic (or artificial) implant made from metal and plastic.
We use the latest advancements and minimally invasive techniques including robotics-assisted technology for precise and accurate alignment. We also provide advanced knee resurfacing with ConforMIS implant technology that customizes the knee implant to your specific needs, size, and shape. This means better fit, faster recovery, and enhanced performance.
Candidates for Knee Replacement Surgery
You may be a candidate for knee replacement surgery if you:
- Experience knee pain with activity
- Feel pain even while resting
- Wake up during the night due to knee pain
- Have difficulty sitting, climbing stairs, or bending down
- Tried other treatments such as diet, exercise, and medications, without success
Types of Knee Replacement Surgery We Offer
We offer options to fit your goals and lifestyle, including:
- Total knee replacement: Involves all three bones (thigh, shin, and kneecap) that form the knee joint. Implants vary depending on your weight, size, and activity level.
- Partial knee replacement: When damage is limited to a portion of the knee (inside, outside, or front), we can spare healthy tissue and bone in a less invasive procedure. Partial knee replacement is also called knee resurfacing.
Hip Replacement —Improving Your Quality of Life
Hip replacement surgery, or hip arthroplasty, resolves hip pain caused by injury from fractures, conditions like avascular necrosis, or severe arthritis. The result is better stability, mobility, and function, and less pain.
We offer traditional and direct anterior hip replacement techniques. The direct anterior (front) hip replacement is minimally invasive and requires smaller incisions with less trauma to tendons and muscles. This means faster recovery and less pain than traditional approaches.
Candidates for Hip Replacement Surgery
Schedule an appointment with one of our joint experts if you:
- Experience hip pain or stiffness after sitting for a long time, or getting out of bed
- Have pain, swelling, or tenderness in the hip joint
- Hear or feel “crunching” in the hip joint
- Have tried other treatments such as medicines and physical therapy, without success
Types of Hip Replacement Surgery We Offer
Types of hip replacement surgery we offer include:
- Total hip replacement Where the ball of the thigh bone and socket of the pelvis bone are replaced with prosthetic (or artificial) pieces made from metal, ceramic, and/or plastic. The procedure involves removing the damaged cartilage and bone and implanting the device.
- Hip resurfacing Involves removing damaged bone and cartilage, but instead of removing the ball of the thigh bone it’s capped with metal.
Joint Replacement That Gets You Moving Again
The knee and hip replacement programs at Parkland Medical Center are designed with you in mind. Patients choose us for:
- Exceptional teams built around your needs. Our surgeons, nurses, physical therapists, and other professionals are experts in clinical care. They educate you on your condition and tell you about all the treatment options available to you.
- Comprehensive preoperative education. To help ease anxiety before surgery, we offer a total joint replacement orientation including an inside look at our facility and what to expect before, during, and after joint replacement surgery.
- Care throughout the journey. We’re here every step of the way with case management and care coordination customized to your needs.
- Specialized programs before and after surgery. We offer inpatient and outpatient physical therapy, rehabilitation services, and pain management programs all under one roof.
- Fellowship trained, board-certified orthopedic specialists. Your care comes from board-certified doctors and orthopedic surgeons. Most of our doctors are also fellowship trained in their field.