Heart disease is the No. 1 killer of men and women worldwide and is responsible for more deaths than all forms of cancer combined. Stroke, resulting from an interruption of blood flow to the brain, is also one of the leading causes of death.
The experienced cardiovascular specialists at Parkland Medical Center treat nearly all types of heart disease and other heart and vascular conditions—from the most common to the most complex—using some of the most advanced treatments and technologies. We focus on your overall health and emphasize patient education.
Comprehensive Heart & Vascular Care
From diagnosis through treatment and rehabilitation, the board-certified and fellowship-trained cardiac experts at the Parkland Center for Cardiology deliver customized, comprehensive care you can count on for the best possible outcomes. Our accredited Chest Pain Center ensures quick response to the early stages of heart attack—the critical period when treatment is most effective.
We treat a wide range of cardiovascular conditions, including:
- Acute coronary syndrome (ACS)
- Arrhythmias (heart rhythm disorders)
- Atrial fibrillation (Afib)
- Adult congenital heart disease
- Congestive heart failure(CHF)
- Coronary artery disease (CAD)
- Dizziness and shortness of breath
- Heart attack and chest pain (angina)
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Lipid disorders
- Peripheral artery disease (PAD)
- Peripheral vascular disease (PVD)
- Valve disease (including aortic stenosis, mitral valve prolapse and heart murmur)
Learn more about these and other heart and vascular conditions in our online Health Library.
Rehabilitation & Recovery
Support your recovery and regain function during and after treatment by taking advantage of our cardiac rehab program. Our compassionate clinicians, nurses and therapists deliver the expert care you need.