Derry, NH, home of Parkland Medical Center, is a classic New England small community with easy access to major cities and spectacular and diverse outdoor opportunities.
So Much to Enjoy
Conveniently located 40 miles north of Boston, 25 miles from the Atlantic Seacoast and 60 miles south of the White Mountains, this town of 34,000 people is rich in family-friendly attractions and amenities:
- Abundant cultural attractions, including a children’s museum and performing arts venues
- Beautiful natural surroundings and city parks with year-round activities, such as swimming, kayaking, hiking and a wide range of youth sports
- Fantastic opportunities for skiing—you’ll find 12 major ski resorts within a few hours’ drive
- Proximity to metropolitan areas such as Boston and Manchester
- A flourishing regional economy
- Access to major regional airports
- Safe, affordable neighborhoods
- Excellent public schools and a wealth of higher education offerings—several colleges and universities are located within 35 miles
- No local income or sales tax
Discover more about Derry and Southern New Hampshire:
Learn about life on the Seacoast and our sister hospital, Portsmouth Regional Hospital.
If Southern New Hampshire sounds like a place you’d like to call home, discover how you can become part of our outstanding team of healthcare professionals: