Symptoms of Breast Cancer
- A lump or thickening in or near the breast or in the underarm area
- A change in the shape or size of the breast
- Nipple discharge or tenderness
- Inverted nipple
- Ridges or pitting of the breast (resembling the skin of an orange)
- A change in the way the skin of the breast, nipple, or areola (dark area surrounding the nipple), looks or feels (for example, warm, swollen, red, or scaly)
- A sore or ulcer on the breast that does not heal
Breast cancer. National Cancer Institute website. Available at: http://www.cancer.gov . Accessed January 27, 2006.
Breast cancer. Womens' Health.gov website. Available at: http://www.womenshealth.gov/ . Accessed January 27, 2006.
National Breast Cancer Coalition website. Available at: http://www.natlbcc.org . Accessed January 27, 2006.
- Reviewer: Mohei Abouzied, MD
- Review Date: 09/2012 -
- Update Date: 00/91/2012 -