As a treatment option for conditions of the urinary tract, kidneys and related reproductive organs, urologic surgery may encompass procedures that range from examinations of the urethra, ureters and urinary bladder in diagnosing and treating kidney stones to hysterectomy, prostatectomy, nephrectomy (kidney removal), kidney transplant and urologic cancer surgery, among others.
Your Best Choice for Urologic Surgery
Parkland Medical Center offers surgical services for a variety of urologic conditions in men and women. Take advantage of our focus and skill in treating genitourinary malignancies and urologic cancers such as:
Urologic surgery procedures available through Parkland Medical Center include:
- Cystectomy – Removal of the urinary bladder
- Nephrectomy – Total or partial removal of a kidney
- Prostatectomy – Removal of the prostate gland
- Pyleoplasty for UPJ (ureteral pelvic junction) obstruction – Repair of kidney blockages
- Sacrocolpopexy – Surgical correction for vaginal vault prolapse
Our board certified and fellowship trained medical professionals also hold extensive experience using the latest surgical approaches including robotic surgery. Parkland Medical Center offers robotic surgery for a wide range of urological conditions in both men and women.