When you need surgery, you can trust the innovative and experienced surgeons and clinical staff at Parkland Medical Center to deliver top–quality, compassionate surgical care close to home. We’re in your neighborhood and we care about your health.
Your Best Choice for Surgical Services
Parkland Medical Center puts the latest medical technologies in the hands of highly trained, board–certified surgeons and offers a wide range of inpatient and outpatient procedures. Our multispecialty surgical team includes physicians, anesthesiologists, nurses and other healthcare professionals who work together to deliver expert, personalized care in a comfortable environment that promotes your health and recovery. We’re the only New Hampshire hospital affiliated in urology and oncology with the Lahey Hospital & Medical Center of Burlington, MA.
Leaders in Southern New Hampshire
As leaders in surgical techniques and technology for Southern New Hampshire, we hold extensive experience with minimally invasive and robotic–assisted procedures for urologic, urogynecologic, gastrointestinal, colorectal and cancer–related conditions. Additional advanced techniques at Parkland Medical Center include:
- Laparoscopic surgery for gallbladder, spleen, appendix, kidney stone and kidney removal
- Minimally invasive breast biopsy and surgery
- Transfusions using a patient’s own blood
- Sponge detection technology – Parkland was first in New Hampshire to adopt this system for improved outcomes and patient safety in the operating room
- Preoperative services, including Reiki, that support mind, body and spirit to reduce anxiety and improve surgical outcomes
Our Surgical Specialties
In addition to general surgery, our surgical specialties include:
- Breast surgery
- Colon and rectal surgery
- Cosmetic, plastic and reconstructive surgery
- Ear–nose–throat (ENT) surgery, including sinus
- Eye (ophthalmologic) surgery
- Foot and ankle (podiatric) surgery
- Gastrointestinal surgery
- Gynecologic surgery
- Heart surgery
- Oral (dental) surgery
- Orthopedic surgery
- Prostate surgery
- Spine surgery
- Urogynecologic surgery
- Urologic surgery
- Vascular surgery
When you need other procedures, such as lung or thoracic surgery, you also have access to the specialized surgical resources of our sister hospital, Portsmouth Regional Hospital.
Recovery & Rehabilitation
Support for your recovery begins before surgery when our expert anesthesia providers visit with you and your surgeon about the best approach to sedation during your procedure. To more quickly regain function following surgery, you may benefit from our extensive outpatient rehabilitation services.
Scheduled for Surgery?
Preregister now to save time.