When you’re facing rehabilitation after an injury, surgery or illness, our experienced team of licensed physical therapists is ready to help restore your function, improve mobility and relieve pain. Parkland Rehabilitation Services gives you access to board–certified clinical specialists in women’s and children’s health, orthopedics, lymphedema and cardiopulmonary rehab, both as an inpatient and through our outpatient services.
Physical Therapy Treatments & Services
You’ll benefit from one–on–one treatment sessions including evaluation, hands–on therapeutic techniques, exercise instruction and education. Physical therapy may be used alone or combined with other therapies to treat stroke, orthopedic, cancer, and heart conditions. Our outpatient therapies are conducted in our fully equipped rehab facilities that allow patients to progress through various rehab levels at their own rate. Treatment is customized to the unique physiological needs of men, women and children.
We specialize in:
- Back and neck injuries
- Dance injury treatment and prevention
- Falls-risk and balance assessment
- Home exercise programs
- Lower extremity and foot evaluation and treatment
- Lymphedema assessment and treatment
- Orthopedic rehabilitation and sports medicine
- Orthotic evaluation and custom fabrication
- Osteoporosis education and prevention therapy
- Neurologic conditions
- Physical therapies for children with developmental delays and disorders or athletic injuries
- TMJ/facial pain and headache evaluation and treatment
- Urinary incontinence evaluation and treatment
- Vestibular (inner ear) therapy for dizziness, vertigo and balance problems
- Women’s health rehabilitation services
Advanced Technology & Therapies
We use a variety of advanced therapies to help you heal, including:
- Balance training
- Body weight support system for gait training
- Complete decongestive therapy (CDT) for lymphedema treatment
- Custom orthotics
- Electrical stimulation
- Ergonomics education and training
- Manual therapy techniques
- Therapeutic exercise, including the use of stationary bikes, computerized treadmills, weight-lifting machines
Adaptive Equipment and Assisted Technology
As part of our continuum of personalized care, our therapists can recommend adaptive equipment—such as wheelchairs, walkers and seating—and assistive technology, such as alternative communication devices. We train patients, family members and caregivers in the use of this equipment.
Inpatient Physical Therapy
While you’re hospitalized, our inpatient rehabilitation team works closely with you and your physician to develop customized treatment plans to meet your specific functional needs and goals for everyday living. Through therapeutic exercise, balance and mobility training, our physical therapists help you restore function, such as walking and stair climbing, and reach your personal rehab goals as quickly as possible. We also collaborate with discharge planners to help you make the transition from the hospital to home or other healthcare facilities, as needed.
Specialized Care for Dancers, Gymnasts, Ice Skaters & Cheerleaders
Led by an orthopedic physical therapist with over 20 years of dance experience, our unique Back on Pointe program offers a range of services for dancers, gymnasts and other athletes. From screenings to reveal potential problems to specialized physical therapy for injury prevention and recovery, we’re here to help you perform at your peak and minimize future injuries.
Our specialized physical therapies including stretching, strengthening, manual therapy, core stabilization, neuromuscular facilitation and dance technique analysis and modification. We also offer free injury prevention workshops at local dance studios covering topics including anatomy, injury prevention, common muscle imbalances and stretching/strengthening exercises.
Back on Pointe is offered by physician referral at Parkland Rehabilitation Services at the Nutfield Professional Building at 44 Birch Street, Suite 300 in Derry. For more information, call 603.421.2250.