Safety and Security
Please follow the following tips to ensure your safety during your stay:
- If you would like to move your bed rails, please ask your nurse for assistance.
- Allow hospital staff to assist you in and out of your wheelchair.
- Inform hospital staff if any of the equipment in your room is not working properly.
- To ensure your safety, plug-in appliances, such as hair dryers and electric razors, are strongly discouraged. Any electrical equipment brought from home must be checked for electrical safety by hospital staff.
- Notify hospital staff if you notice any person in the hospital exhibiting suspicious behavior. Hospital employees wear identification badges at all times.
For more information on patient safety, please refer to the “I Can!” brochure, located throughout the hospital.
To ensure the security of patients, visitors, and staff, Parkland Medical Center’s Security Department patrols the hospital and grounds 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There are also security systems at the hospital to allow for an immediate response from the Security Department to specific areas of the hospital when needed.
Video Camera Monitoring
Public areas of the hospital are equipped with video cameras, monitored by hospital staff, to assist in ensuring the security of patients, visitors, and staff.
Personal Belongings and Valuables
Parkland Medical Center cannot be held responsible for lost personal belongings or items, such as cash, credit cards, jewelry, or medicine. For your protection, we advise that you not keep these items in your hospital room. If it is not possible to send these items home, please have them locked in the hospital safe. The hospital does not assume responsibility for items not locked in the hospital safe. If you would like to use the hospital safe, please have your nurse contact the Security Department.
Please keep glasses, contact lenses, hearing aids, and dentures in protective cases when they are not in use. If you need a denture cup, please ask your nurse for one. If you would like to use your own cane, walker, or assistive device, please have it labeled with your name.
- Online Pre Registration
- Maps & Directions
- Phone Directory
- Patient Registration
- Visiting a Patient?
- Email a Patient
- Pay/Discuss Bill
- Dining Services
- Education & Events
- Your Safety & Security
- Your Medical Record
- Insurances Accepted
- Financial Assistance
- National Healthcare Decisions Day 2012
- Bill pay redirect to custom page