To prepare you for surgery a pre-admission interview will be scheduled for you by your surgeons office. During your visit you may meet with several staff members depending on the type of surgery you are scheduled for and an anesthesia provider.
- Physicial Therapy - will review your current level of function and discuss what to expect for therapy following surgery.
- Social Services - will discuss discharge planning needs.
- A Registered Nurse - will review your medical and surgical history and discuss what to expect before and after your surgery.
- Anesthesia Provider - will evaluate your history and discuss anesthesia choices, risks, and benefits with you.
- Appropriate laboratory tests, electrocardiogram and x-rays may be done at this time.
*Allow up to 2 hours for entire pre-admission process
*Please bring in a current list of all your medications and dosages (this includes vitamins, herbs, over the counter medications. Click here for your Personal Medication Record Form